Vape Pen Explained -
What is a Vaporizer Pen?
Vaporizers have been around forever but due to the increasing popularity of e-liquids & wax concentrates, many people are now learning about them. So you may ask what exactly is it? It is basically a smoking device that leaves behind all of the harmful effects that are normally associated with combustion & burning process of smoking. These devices utilize either atomizer or cartomizer to heat up the material and produce pure vapor without having to inhale any of the other toxins. These knew devices are referred to as a “vape pen” or "E-cig", which have quickly become popular due to their discreetness and ability to help people quit smoking. If you’ve been to a local bar or restaurant lately, you might have noticed people using one. The majority of people are of those people are using an e-liquid inside of their vape pen as a substitute for tobacco. However, they can also be used to with other herbal material such as dry herbs (weed) and wax concentrates. This means vape pens are used by 2 completely different types consumers: ones looking for a substitute for smoking cigarettes and ones looking for a substitute for smoking marijuana. Since this site is about marijuana vaporizers and for the sake of preventing confusion, we will refer to the ones designed for e-liquid as an "E-cig" and the ones designed for marijuana as vape pens.
How Does It Function?
The vape pen works by producing a vapor that is inhaled as a person uses the device. The device contains a central heating component that enables it to slowly heat up the dry herbs/oil/wax between 350 to 400 degrees right before the point of combustion. The result of this is vapor that is produced in the purest form. Normal smoking devices often rise in temperatures of over a 1000 degrees which can burn the product and result in harmful toxins and unwanted residue inhaled to your lungs.
Benefits of A Vape Pen
After reading the above paragraphs regarding vaporizer pens work, you probably have realized that one of the single greatest benefits of using a vapor pen is the health benefit. “Vaping” is by far the purest method of smoking and as a result it is the least harmful to your body. No more nasty toxins and residue being inhaled means less pollution to your lungs and reduced chance of becoming sick. As great as this may sound, it might not even be the greatest advantage of this new device. Vapor pens come in different designs but almost all of them are extremely small and portable, usually able to fit right into your pocket. The fact that these devices are so tiny and easily confused as an “e-cig” makes them highly discreet and turns into the best portable vaporizer you can own. Even when the vapor is exhaled from the unit, it is virtually odorless. The discreetness of these units enables to you bring them with you almost anywhere you want, which in my opinion makes it a must-have item.
Can All Vaporizer Pens Be Used with Dry-herb, Wax, and Oil?
The short and simple answer is most of them cannot. Most vape pens are designed to work specifically with dry herbs or exclusively with waxes and oil. However, there are some unique vapor pens that claim to work with all 3. If you'd like to learn about the difference between vaporizing dry-herbs, wax, and oil, we created a more in-depth explain of the differences that can be viewed here.
How Do I Decide Which Vape Pen is Best for Me?
All vaporizers are not created equal and there are a number of different factors that go into determining which vape pen fits you best. Some of the factors to consider are:
- Price - Vaporizer pens can cost anywhere from $50 up to the $300 mark. It is up to you to figure out how much you’re willing to invest into owning one of these devices.
- Type of Material - Some vape pens work only with dry herb, some only with e-liquids/oils & some only with wax concentrates, and then there are others that work with both. You have to know what you plan on using it for before you can make the decision on which one will work best for you.
- Atomizer Type - This goes hand in hand with the type of material you plan on burning inside of your vape pen. There are multiple types of atomizers available for each material and I recommend doing some research before buying one.
- Size & Discreetness - Not all of these devices are going to be identical. Often they can vary in size and weight. Some are going to be longer in length and shorter in width and vice versa. It's important that you choose one that is going to fit comfortable to your liking.
- Reviews - Reading about vape pen reviews is one of the best ways to learn about a specific brand before making a decision.